Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not gone yet...

I'm not gone yet. I'm still in Querétaro, my beautiful city in México but I've already set my location as Bremen. This is one of my many efforts to make myself realize that in less than 20 days I will be in Germany but, alas, I'm still in denial. All my efforts seem futile.

As if it that wasn't enough, I still have tons of things to do regarding buying items of first necessity, packing, etc. Of course I don't want to have any of these things done because that would force me to recognize my departure.

Oh, on a really funny turn of events... I'm learning to cook Mexican food. It seems like every Ausländer believes all Mexicans can make tortillas and expect me to make them. I have never made tortillas in my life! Anyone who knows me can testify to my (nonexistant) cooking abilities and yet here I am trying to master the art of tortilla making. (Among many other national dishes... thanks.)

Before finishing... I must say I should be writing in Spanish since it is my beloved mother tongue. Yet, I suppose in a few weeks I will know many people who won't speak any Spanish so... this is in consideration of them.

I'm off to do my German Hausaufgabe.

2 comments:

Meche said...

I guess spanish is not the best language to post a comment here then... I would feel a bit out of place hehe... so I get to practice my English! hahaha...

I hope you update your blog so I know what you're up to in the other side of the world :)

Anyways... I'm gonna miss you! with your non existent cooking skills and all :P

Love ya!

n_n

Mariana said...

Pues bueno yo si escribire en español jaja

Bueno Mayelita namas te quiero decir que te voy a extrañar mucho, lo único que me consuela es que vas a estar a 50 o 100 euros de mi, que la verdad es bastante asi que tendre que optar por el tren, namas que primero tendré que aprender bien aleman para no perderme y llegar sana y salva a Bremmen.

Bueno espero que hayas aprendido a hacer buenas tortillas para que cuando vaya a visitarte me des porque presiento que yo no voy a poder comer donde voy a vivir. Asi que ver practicando!!!!

Te quiero

Bye